Monday, July 1, 2013

True Commitment - Fetal Alcohol is NOT who I am!

CLICK TO PURCHASE
Liz Kulp has just opened a new FaceBook Group for adults and teens living with the challenges of FASD. Her group is called Striving for the Best Ability - Living with FASD not letting it defeat me.

If you know a teen or adult who needs positive - faith based input - check her site out! I've learned so much from my daughter whose life is affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASDs) -- Author, Liz Kulp, celebrates life at age 27. She is a published author of two books and winner

Braided Cord Tough Times In and Out
  • Mom's Choice Gold Award - Adult Non Fiction - Life Challenges
  • 2012 USA Best Books - Health -Recovery and Addictions.
Best I Can Be Living with FASD (Revised 2013!)
  • Mom's Choice Gold Award - Best Contributing Young Author
CLICK TO PURCHASE
Congratulations Liz on Four Years of Sobriety and Five Years of Living Independently! You are achieving your dream of making a difference in your generation to prevent FASDs! Blessings on beginning the career of your dreams this year!
Mom's Choice Gold Award - Non Fiction - Life Challenges

TO VISIT LIZ'S WEBSITES
 www.BraidedCord.net  or www.BetterEndings.org
TO ORDER HER BOOK  https://www.createspace.com/3436934
TO VISIT FASD BOOKSTORE www.fasdbookstore.com

To read more from Liz's book click here


Committed to each other for a life
worth living - walking the road
of FASD together

True Commitment
(Poem circa 2008)
By Liz

Alas I sit,
glued to a place of undoing and unmaking
of all the mistakes I have achieved
or contemplated making.

Waiting for renewed independence.
Proving to you who I am
and who I can be
and who I shall become.

No longer broken, but bent
Bent upon making a difference
with different choices and
new becomings
Reframing my thoughts
and laying down my rebellion
to fight for a future
instead of wants I thought
I so needed but didn't
An though committed by a decree
that states I am an "other"
in need ot care and watchful eyes

I have learned what commitment
truly is - that it is the love
of family who remains
hopeful and helpful
that it is the love of
my sweetheart who
stands true
that it is a belief in myself
that I can do and be better
and emerge from
a state run commitment
to a self formed commitment
of being true to myself
and all of you.

No comments: