Thursday, August 9, 2012

#31 Days To FASDay - Write a poem





Write a poem and speak out!


I have a dream ...

That one day little children will not be born with brain damage because of the alcohol they were fed before they were even borm.

I have a dream...

That one day persons with inivisible disabilities will not be treated second-class citizens, but will be able to participate in their local communities accepted in their differences

I have a dream...

That one day predators and persecutors will not addionally victimize persons with fetal alcohol. That people will realize it is no joke. That the day - to - day struggle is real and cannot be kissed away, or bandaged or ignored.

I have a dream...

That one day we will see all people as mattering.

On September 9, 1999, Liz (age 13)
and Jodee Kulp spoke out about the
realities of FASD. 

As my daughter, Liz Kulp said,

"You can't be handicapped
if you are born like that. 
You just are."



And this beautiful poem by 

Faceless

By Jennifer Woodward

Peering into a shattered mirror, I try to find myself,

However, all I am is faceless.

I gave up searching because I am always lost.

You lost when you took away my mirror,

My only hope of learning, and living.

Why can you not fix me?

Oh, right how could I forget you did this to me?

I am trying to get over it, over you,

But finding broken pieces of my heart lying

Around me, reminding me of being not whole.

Looking at me in my mirror only leaves me scared and confused.

I cannot see me,

I am faceless.

The world does not see me,

They see a title.

Help me find myself,

Why must I grow knowing I am faceless?

$B!! (B

The face of FASD is sometimes faceless, silent as the world goes by not knowing that we exist. I want you to look me in the eyes and not shut me out, not forget about me. I am here. Maybe you need to look in your mirror.
$B!! (B

Written by: Jennifer Woodward

(Please use and give full credit to Jennifer) FASDay


Join 

No comments: